OVERVIEW OF KANSAS EDUCTAION SYSTEMS ACCREDITATION (KESA): In January of 2016, the Kansas State Board of Education announced a new vision and five outcomes for determining the effectiveness of education systems.
STATE BOARD OF EDUCATION...
- VISION: Kansas leads the world in the success of each student.
- Kindergarten readiness
- Graduation rates
- Post-secondary attendance/completion
- Individual Plans of Study (IPS)
- Social/emotional factors measured locally
- DEFINITION OF SUCCESSFUL HIGH SCHOOL GRADUATE: Student has the academic preparation, cognitive preparation, technical skills,, employability skills, and civic engagement to be successful in postsecondary education, in the attainment of an industry recognized certification, or in the workforce, without the need for remediation.
AUGUSTA USD 402 GOAL AREAS: Relationships and Rigor
- Augusta, USD 402 will develop and implement an action plan beginning with building relationships utilizing the Social, Emotional, and Character Development (SECD) standards. The professional learning priority will be to ensure that staff is adequately and continuously trained to be able to provide these opportunities. During this improvement cycle, USD 402 will also focus on developing positive and engaging relationships with all stakeholders. Success for this goal will be measured by the forward movement shown on the KESA relationship rubric at the end of this accreditation cycle.
Augusta, USD 402 will develop and implement an action plan beginning with professional development focused on learning strategies to improve staff learning, student learning, and family engagement. Action steps regarding data will be used when implementing building and district initiatives, to allow staff the necessary professional learning to empower our students and to engage families. Success for this goal will be measured by the forward movement shown on the KESA RIGOR rubric at the end of this accreditation cycle.