OVERVIEW OF KANSAS EDUCTAION SYSTEMS ACCREDITATION (KESA): In January of 2016, the Kansas State Board of Education announced a new vision and five outcomes for determining the effectiveness of education systems.
STATE BOARD OF EDUCATION’S...
- VISION: Kansas leads the world in the success of each student.
- Kindergarten readiness
- Graduation rates
- Post-secondary attendance/completion
- Individual Plans of Study (IPS)
- Social/emotional factors measured locally
- DEFINITION OF SUCCESSFUL HIGH SCHOOL GRADUATE: Student has the academic preparation, cognitive preparation, technical skills,, employability skills, and civic engagement to be successful in postsecondary education, in the attainment of an industry recognized certification, or in the workforce, without the need for remediation.