What is it?
- All USD 402 staff and educators in other districts will have the opportunity to read a book that the district selects.
- Together, they will interact and discuss different topics throughout the book.
- Once the book has been read and all coursework is completed, each participant will have the option to pay for college credit or receive PDC points.
- USD 402 has partnered with Wichita State University for the college credit.
USD 402/Interlocal Employees
- No Workshop Fee
- $65 for WSU Credit or 45 PDC Points
- $40 Workshop Fee
- $65 for WSU Credit or 45 PDC Points (Per District Approval)
How it Works
A flyer will be shared with information about the upcoming book study opportunities. Participants wishing to register will sign up via a Google Form. Each participant is responsible for purchasing their own copy of the book for the course. Once the book study is completed, it is the participant’s responsibility to pursue professional development/continuing education points with their district of employment. Participants wishing to receive WSU college credit must complete the required paperwork and pay for the cost of the college credit.
Contact: Dr. Janet Doud (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Spring 2024 Book Study:
PD Description: Participants will read through and collaborate with others on the book through Google Classroom. Bring growth mindset strategies into the classroom with this easy-to-follow guide for teachers to empower learning through grit and resilience. Created by teachers for teachers, this is the ultimate guide for unleashing student’s potential through creative lessons, empowering messages, and innovative teaching. The Growth Mindset Coach provides all you need to foster a growth mindset classroom, including A Month-by-Month Program, Research-Based Activities, Hands-On Lesson Plans, Real-Life Educator Stories, Constructive Feedback, Sample Parent Letters, and more.
1 College Credit through WSU or 45 PDC Points